Monday, September 17, 2007

I have now been on the Lurpon for 5 days and have had few side effects, just a little nausea in the morning and soreness at the injection sites. Nothing too bad. I am on 10 units per day, which I think is a fairly regular dose.

My sweet hubby has his aspiration this Thursday. Poor guy. Apparently it's nothing compared to what I have to go through. I guess we're both making a lot of sacrifices to try to have a baby. I have my next Ultrasound on Friday along with an estradiol measurement, then start the gonadotropins on Saturday and, assuming all goes well, the egg retrieval is on October 2nd and my babies will be transferred on October 5th. Then begins the 2 week wait. I guess we'll know on October 16th whether we've made it to the next stage and one step closer to being parents.

4 comments:

I_Sell_Books said...

'Lo!

Schrafts is good, but don't forget IVFmeds.com and CanadaPharmacy.com, as well as your local hospital OR the biggest hospital in your state. I wrote a big long post about it here:
http://birchandmaple.blogs.com/birch_and_maple/2007/09/lets-talk-drugs.html

The lupron shots? Dude, those are the easy shots...as for money, well. My clinic has a 49% discount for uninsured patients, but even with that, including all of our labs, ICSI, IVF, and frozen embryo storage for one year, the cost was $10450. Meds cost $1100, 3 mos of progesterone bullets about $400, and HSG, SA, Pap cost, oh...$3000? Figure $15K for the whole lot, not including gas and hotel bills (our clinic is 3 hours away) but I'll never have to do the testing again, I have plenty of meds left over, and next time we'll do FET, which hopefully will be as positive as this first IVF.

Anyhoo, we paid for it from part of the profits we earned after selling our house in Scotland. And, er, Mom's agreed to help out, but hopefully we'll never have to do IVF again...

Oro
Birch and Maple

JJ said...

Just checking in to see how all is going for you! Hope the aspiration went ok!

DebbieDo said...

Just found your blog and I wanted to say Hi. Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I look forward to read about your journey thru IVF. My DH and I are gearing up to take the leap into IVF as well.

Thanks for the tip on the cheaper meds, I will definitely be looking into that. And I'm so happy to hear you say that the shots aren't as bad as you thought.

Hang in there.

Unknown said...

ivf cost
A while several come after First Failing from some where else and so out first IVF is handled as Second. In most of these cased we have very excellent results.